How we live influences the health and wellbeing of people, communities, and the environment. WELLog Journal is a tool to help individuals work with health professionals and educators to make positive, healthful, and lasting changes to benefit both themselves and the greater good. Root Cause Wellness is a cause-oriented company with a mission to empower healthful habits, lifestyles, and environments that have positive ripple effects on our health and the world.
Bonnie started Root Cause Wellness in 2013 and created WELLog Journal. She is a writer, communications strategist, and health educator. She advocates for improving the health of people and the planet through a combination of personal awareness, mindful choices, new social norms, and a cross-sector culture of health that makes the healthful choice the easy choice.
Creating awareness and healthful changes in your own life can make you feel inspired, empowered, and confident about taking action to also improve health in your community and the environment.
- Be mindful of your personal choices and habits, and encourage others to do the same.
- Be kind and respectful to others, animals, and nature.
- Buy food more often than food products.
- Include plant-based meals in your diet.
- Walk or bike commute when you can. Advocate for community infrastructure to support safe options for getting around.
- Vote with your dollar. Buy local. Support companies that value sustainability and care about the environment.
- Buy less. Share more.
- Advocate for life balance and green practices at work.
- Get involved in causes and organizations that you believe in. Partner with others to help bring about larger changes.
- Voice what matters to you to policymakers. Repeat.
We value your feedback and connecting with other health professionals, educators, WELLoggers, and environmental advocates. Let us know what works best, and where we can improve. Your insights and experiences can help inform our work.