WELLog is a paper-based tracking journal that helps individuals work toward healthier lifestyles. Instead of logging on a screen, WELLoggers experience time to slow down, focus with less distraction, and be more mindful about their choices and strategies for change. Thoughtfully created by a health communication professional, WELLog is also a complementary tool for patient and client appointments, wellness programs, and college health promotion courses.
"WELLog helps me be more aware of the decisions I make each day. I'm more intentional about my choices and mindful of their consequences. Recording every day helps me see that taking time for myself matters."
- Jumpstart a healthier lifestyle.
- Consider internal motivation for change.
- Practice setting health goals and track choices.
- Become aware of habits and patterns, and link them to feelings and outcomes.
- Identify barriers and create solutions.
- Note symptoms, and uncover food allergies or intolerances.
- Improve mental health and reduce stress.
- Establish a healthful diet and regular exercise routine.
- Build mindfulness, accountability, and confidence.
- Take a break from screens and mobile devices.
- Enjoy the positive brain benefits of writing by hand.
- Work through challenges and strategies with health professionals and educators.
"Since using WELLog, we've been able to help clients identify patterns with their health behaviors. WELLog helps people understand that leading a healthy lifestyle is not a destination, but rather a process they can learn to love."
"I have been using WELLog for several months and find it to be unique in how it incorporates so many aspects of wellness into a handy format. It facilitates the kind of accountability that is essential to any health program. I highly recommend it."
- WELLog is written in plain language and includes an introduction to help individuals start tracking. These pages explain WELLog sections and log page categories, and provide initial ideas for recording and healthful change.
- There are specific pages for WELLoggers to identify motivation for change, keep track of basic health measurements, mark in a calendar section, and reflect.
- The weekly and final reflection pages make a helpful entry point for discussions in health appointments, group sessions, and courses.
- Daily logging pages include space to succinctly record goals, physical activity, meals and snacks, fruit and vegetable intake, water intake, mood, stress level, sleep hours, and notes. A gratitude category appears twice a week.
- Weekly prompts and tips help WELLoggers move through the journal and stay on track.
"While I have always encouraged my patients to make healthier choices, WELLog has been a tangible, convenient tool to better connect those office discussions with what's actually happening in their daily lives. The weekly reflection pages help prioritize our time and troubleshoot challenges together so my patients can get on with a healthy lifestyle."
Use WELLog to help others make changes and reach their goals. Tracking and lifestyle changes can be more successful when guided by the expertise, compassion, and accountability of health professionals and educators. WELLog has been integrated into health appointments, coaching sessions, diabetes prevention and employee wellness programs, fitness and weight-loss challenges, health courses, and more.
In College Courses
Use WELLog as a teaching tool to help students develop health strategies in college and beyond.
"WELLog was a great addition to the Strategies in Stress Management class at American University. The students said it kept them honest and on track. It was a great way for them to get off their laptops and mobile devices and tune in to themselves for a few minutes each day. I would recommend WELLog as a classroom tool."
We value your feedback and connecting with other health professionals, educators, and WELLoggers. Let us know what works best, and where we can improve. Your insights and experiences can help inform our 2020 WELLog journal.